I’m going to list 5 little things I’m thankful for today and then another 5 tomorrow. Not the big ones, like a house, vehicle, my children and so on, but those little blessings that just make life so fun.
1. I am thankful for nighttime chat buddies. When I’m going crazy thinking over all kinds of things and can’t sleep, I need something to get my mind to stop going everywhere and Colwyn and Angie do a good job of that. We get silly and I have to make sure I don’t wake up Jeremy with my laughing sometimes, but this helps my mind to relax and I go to sleep easily afterwards.
2. I am thankful for a nice landlord who checks on us every once in a while to make sure that everything is still going well here at the house. If there is anything wrong, he usually has someone out that day or the next day to get it fixed.
3. I am thankful for good books. I am still unpacking books and keep finding books that I want to re-read.
4. I am thankful for nice smelling candles. I have a few in the kitchen, one in the living/dining room, a few in our bedroom, and one in the upstairs bathroom. Jeremy is allergic to many air fresheners, but he can handle the candles, so if I want our rooms to smell fruity or sugary or whatever, I light one of my candles. My favorites are the fruit ones… strawberry, peach, and black raspberry vanilla. I’d like to get an apple pie one.
5. I am thankful for my little CD player. I have it in the living room and put in background music which I find myself singing to throughout the day. I like praise music, though lately I’ve been putting some old Christmas ones in… Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole. The music helps me to keep my sanity throughout the crazy-ness that my days are.
NOW, I’d like to challenge a few of you all to list some of your small thankfuls and don’t forget to check tomorrow for #6-10.